Author Topic: EA build 1429 - Import UML Profile bug from the Ribbon menu: Access denied  (Read 375 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Hi,
I noticed an error message when attempting to import a UML Profile (Specialize > Publish > Import UML Profile).
I get an Access denied error. It works fine when importing via the Resources view.

Note that I started EA as the admin -> the import still doesn't work (and I no longer get the error).

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
I'm not sure about the access denied error, but that menu item has completely different behavior from the resource window... It takes the current package, wraps it in an MDG technology file and imports that.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
The user guide defines the following: "Import UML Profile - import a UML Profile file"
https://sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/14.0/user_interface/using_the_configure_panel.html

So it initially looks like the equivalent to the the import UML profile in the Resources, as it is the case for the above Import MDG Tech.

Having done a quick test, the resulting feature is a wrapped MDG as per your reply.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 11:51:15 pm by Guillaume »
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com