Author Topic: "Diagram frame(s) are currently being displayed" when moving diagrams  (Read 174 times)

AliBeadle

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
When I try to move an existing diagram into a package I get this error:
> Diagram frame(s) are currently being displayed
> Please disable them and save the diagram(s) before continuing.

And sure enough, if I right click the diagram, select 'Hide diagram frame' and save the diagram I can then move it to the package. I can even then go back into the diagram and re-display the frame.

My question is: why do I have to do that? It seems an odd restriction to make on moving things around and it took me a while to work out what it was asking me to do.

Just curious really...

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
The diagram frame is actually supposed to represent the owning element (such as the State Machine in a State Machine Diagram)
So if you are moving the diagram to another state machine, element referenced by the diagram frame would be invalid.
Sparx choose to stop you from moving a diagram in such circumstances, for which I see the merit.

Geert

AliBeadle

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
The diagram frame is actually supposed to represent the owning element (such as the State Machine in a State Machine Diagram)
So if you are moving the diagram to another state machine, element referenced by the diagram frame would be invalid.
Sparx choose to stop you from moving a diagram in such circumstances, for which I see the merit.

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Thank you