Author Topic: Embedding sub-diagram into a general one; Real-time collaboration  (Read 189 times)

banidja

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Hello,

First I made the overall process and I've recently started to granulate it step by step.
Because I didn't know how some instances will be described, I made a separate project with separate package with completely independent model.

Now when I've drawn the particular part of the process I want to migrate that instance into a sub-process of the one particular activity BPMN 2.0 - business process.

There is another significant thing that I want to achieve. How can my colleagues and I edit the same diagram and to view each others updates? If it is local project I assume that we can't collaborate other than (re)sending files to each other?

Thanks for the future suggestions and recommendations!

Arquesoft

• EA User
  • EA Consulting and development in Spanish
    • View Profile
    • Arquesoft website
Re: Embedding sub-diagram into a general one; Real-time collaboration
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 01:37:51 am »
The more practical way is to create a database to store the model (not use EAP files). Then, give access to all your collaborators to the model, so they can work in the same model. There is no way all of you work at the same time in the same diagram (only one at a time), but you can work in the same model at the same time.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Embedding sub-diagram into a general one; Real-time collaboration
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 07:09:50 am »
Besides using a shared model with security turned on (to avoid edit conflicts) you can make use of the "Recently Changed" searches. Probably you can create one for recently changed diagrams on the base of one of them. Auditing is another way to find recent changes (along with "who did it?").

q.