Author Topic: v15ᵦ - Bookmark values - Diagram specific  (Read 264 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
v15ᵦ - Bookmark values - Diagram specific
« on: May 23, 2019, 02:17:37 pm »
Trying out the new Bookmark Values functionality.  It seems the value is diagram specific (however, I can't seem to find it in t_diagramobjects  ;) ).

Is that the case?

The old (and still available) bookmark ([Ctrl+Space]) mechanism (that created the inverted red triangle in the centre of the diagram shape) was repository-wide (t_object.Tagged).

Is there any scope for a repository-wide Bookmark value?

Thoughts?

Paolo
« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:35:43 pm by Paolo F Cantoni »
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: v15ᵦ - Bookmark values - Diagram specific
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 12:48:38 am »
You almost got me downloading and looking. But there's just another crash posted right now. No, thank you. I'm done with Sparx betas.

q.

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 10:41:35 am »
You almost got me downloading and looking. But there's just another crash posted right now. No, thank you. I'm done with Sparx betas.

q.
You say that, but I find (as a native Windows rather than Wine user), that reliability has improved significantly since the old days of V8 and V9 when we wanted 'black box crash reporting'!
Orthogonality rules
Using EA14.0 (1422) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2019, 06:53:10 pm »
I think you are right that there were times when EA crashed hard regularly. This is no longer the case. A bit thumbs up - but that's the minimum I expect from a product I paid for. On the other hand Sparx also spent a lot of time adding useless and not working stuff (I also pay for with my license). Unlike in former times where I was the first to download the next beta I meanwhile stay back two versions. And the distance is still growing.

q.