Author Topic: Multiple archiate 3 Application components converging to the same component  (Read 381 times)

SJ

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi,
I am developing a roadmap between Baseline to the Target architecture.
If there are multiple (legacy )application components converging to the same (Target ) component, how can we depict it in  a roadmap.
Can I draw an association between each legacy component to the Target component, with a source to destination arrow or is there some way better.

Thanks for all the help provided in this forum folks.

SJ

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
An association would be the most appropriate but ArchiMate doesn't give you the option of having directional arrows for an association.

Sunshine

• EA User
  • Its the results that count
    • View Profile
From the ArchiMate Spec and the book "Enterprise Architecture at Work" you can use plateaus to represent the baseline and target architecture with triggering between them. You can either put the application components inside the plateaus on the diagram or create a aggregation relationship between the plateau and the application component.
Happy to help
:)

SJ

• EA User
    • View Profile
I can show an arrow by selecting the 'direction' in the properties tab for an association. 

From the ArchiMate Spec and the book "Enterprise Architecture at Work" you can use plateaus to represent the baseline and target architecture with triggering between them. You can either put the application components inside the plateaus on the diagram or create a aggregation relationship between the plateau and the application component.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
I can show an arrow by selecting the 'direction' in the properties tab for an association. 

Sure, but is it still ArchiMate then?

Geert

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
Sure, but is it still ArchiMate then?

Or more to the point will that cause issues with the weird ArchiMate shapescript?  (Actually I suspect the user is using a UML association between two ArchiMate elements).