Author Topic: Repository.ImportTechnology - still current?  (Read 320 times)

Ian Mitchell

• EA User
    • View Profile
Repository.ImportTechnology - still current?
« on: May 30, 2019, 11:31:13 pm »
The documentation for this method mentions 'pre-Version 7' technologies, which makes me wonder if this is still a method we should be using?
It does exactly what I want - allowing me to make changes to an MDG, and load them without having to get the user to use the UI. (I know there is a startup event to load MDGs, but that's not what I need - must be done in the background whilst the model is loaded)
So far, I have made it import the Profile for elements/stereotypes just fine, but I can't get it to load Diagrams or Toolboxes.
Has anyone else made this bit work, before I spend more time on it....
Ian Mitchell, Designer, eaDocX

www.eaDocX.com
www.theartfulmodeller.com

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Repository.ImportTechnology - still current?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 09:34:10 am »
That won't work as a method to deploy toolboxes, diagram types, model patterns, images, scripts, layouts, ddl modules, mda transforms, rtf templates, linked document templates, model views or searches. It won't even deploy a quicklink definition.

Look at the deployment options in the help. On of those is sure to be better suited for your needs.
https://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/15.0/modeling/deploying_mdg_technologies.html
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

adepreter

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Repository.ImportTechnology - still current?
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 01:53:50 am »
Dear Eve and Ian,

Indeed as indicated on this link provided by Eve, we can load an MDG from an AddIn, and that is what I am doing.

However, the problem is that the OnInitializeTechnologies is not loaded when EA is started in batch mode.

And that prevents us from generating HTML in batch mode, which is a feature I absolutely need (I might not be the only one).

So if the ImportTechnology was working instead, that would be a viable workaround. So the request from Ian should be considered I think.

As a conclusion the ability to load a custom MDG, including in batch mode, is critical.
We should be able to do this
- either OnInitializeTechnologies
- or using ImportTechnology

Any idea, Eve, when we can have a quick fix with one or the other options?

Cheers,
Alain