Author Topic: V15: Is there a way to keep current diagram open after a diagram hop)  (Read 241 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
In V15 when you double-click on a diagram element, e.g. to open a composite diagram, the current diagram is closed. By an arrow you can move back to the original diagram.
In former version all diagrams are kept open.
If you navigate/hop to different parts of the "diagram hierarchy", before V15 you might end up with lots of diagrams opened, what is not so nice. Now only one diagram is open, what is nice if you used this hopping just to get to that diagram.

However I use this hopping most frequently to open at least two diagrams. One diagram I want to change and the others to look what I have to do. This more frequent use case (at least more frequent use case for me) worked fine for any version before V15.
To address both use cases, I would prefer a simple way to decide if I want to keep the current diagram open or not before I hop to the next.
If this is not possible for whatever reason, I would very much like if the V15 change would be cancelled.

What is the opinion of other users?
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
I seem to remember that this has been asked before and that there is some solution. Good luck with the forum search...

q.

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Yes, there is an option at Start | Visual Style | Enable Diagram Browser Navigation
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Oh, yes! This is what I was looking for. Thank you KP!
Best regards,

Peter Heintz