Author Topic: V14 Serious Bugs in Archimate3 implementation  (Read 3859 times)

michielper

• EA User
    • View Profile
V14 Serious Bugs in Archimate3 implementation
« on: August 01, 2019, 01:27:56 am »
 I have a number of issues with the Archimate 3 implementation in V14:
  • The Quick Link does not allow me to draw a Flow relation between two application components while this is perfectly allowed in the standard
  • The Quick Link does not allow me to draw a Serving relation between two application components while this is perfectly allowed in the standard
  • The Model Export (Generate Model Exchange File) refuses to include any flow relations (not only betwee application components but also between application functions - the latter I can create via the Quick Link)
  • If I create a Composition relation via Quick Link, it is graphically incorrect: it is shown like a Serving relation

Guido K

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: V14 Serious Bugs in Archimate3 implementation
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:12:29 pm »
If I create a Composition relation via Quick Link, it is graphically incorrect: it is shown like a Serving relation

I checked your last statement. To be more exact, the Quick Link 'Composes' has this bug (Composed by works fine), and the connector shown then is not a Serving relation, but a Combination of Serving and Composition, see this link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1seA6Xq-_1wgDdBj5h__C0_nl5_2tWJp8

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 09:25:42 am »
What version/build are you using? I remember plenty of "missing" quicklink entries being reported in v14, and the issue with the composition as well. All 4 of your issues appear to be correct in v15.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Glassboy

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2019, 10:15:54 am »
What version/build are you using? I remember plenty of "missing" quicklink entries being reported in v14, and the issue with the composition as well. All 4 of your issues appear to be correct in v15.

He says in the topic :-)

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 11:31:00 am »
Version was covered, not build. Some of the issues may be addressed by updating to build 1429.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com