Author Topic: Can an element be linked to a relationship / connector  (Read 1416 times)

rgupta4

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Can an element be linked to a relationship / connector
« on: August 01, 2019, 05:03:18 am »
Is it possible to link an element to a relationship / connector between two elements. See https://go.gliffy.com/go/publish/13076946 for an example.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Can an element be linked to a relationship / connector
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2019, 05:59:34 am »
Depends on your EA version. Since 13.5 you will find the quick linker arrow also on selected connectors.

q.

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2019, 03:33:44 am »
Q is correct but I would like to know more about what you are trying to achieve by connecting an event to a flow between the 2 applications. What is the event? The initiation of the flow by the triggering application? The reception of the flow by the receiving application? Something else?

rgupta4

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2019, 11:32:04 am »
I would like to be able to specify the event that the triggers the information flow from one element to another. Do you have any suggestions on how best to model that?

Thank you

Modesto Vega

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2019, 04:53:48 pm »
I would like to be able to specify the event that the triggers the information flow from one element to another. Do you have any suggestions on how best to model that?

Thank you
Have you looked into state diagrams (also known as state machine diagrams)? They supposed to be able to depict events, understood an significant points in time.

Of course, it would be nice to understand what exactly you mean when you use the term event.