Author Topic: [Prolaborate 3.2] Landscape charts don't support same type elements  (Read 14492 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Hi,
I'm testing the new Landscape chart from Prolaborate 3.2.2 release.
I have stereotyped Archimate Application components with custom tagged values that are associated with standard Archimate Flows. I added Archimate Data Objects as conveyed items on those flows to illustrate the Data flows between applications.
When I configure the landscape chart (according to the online help here: https://prolaborate.sparxsystems.com/resources/documentation/enterprise-architecture-charts-and-visualizations/architecture-landscape), I can select as Group 1 the "MyApplication" stereotype and group by TagA values.

Adding the Group 2, I selected Archimate_Flow for the connector stereotype. However in the Filter by, it doesn't find any elements whereas it should let me choose "MyApplication" stereotype. I noticed that the chart doesn't seem to support connectors between elements of the same type or stereotype. I associated a non stereotyped Archimate Application Component, and Prolaborate picked it up.

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Nizam

• Prolab Moderator
  • EA User
  • Model Sharing - Simplified
    • View Profile
    • Professional Model Collaboration
Re: [Prolaborate 3.2] Landscape charts don't support same type elements
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 03:33:27 pm »
Hi Guillaume, i did face this challenge when creating a L1 -> L2 -> L3 Capabilities map, i was informed by Prolaborate support that the upcoming release (this week) resolves this issue.

Best Regards
Nizam Mohamed

Prolaborate Support

• Prolab Moderator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
    • Visit us
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2019, 10:25:04 pm »
Please check this functionality in the upcoming release V3.2.3 and share the results.

Hi,
I'm testing the new Landscape chart from Prolaborate 3.2.2 release.
I have stereotyped Archimate Application components with custom tagged values that are associated with standard Archimate Flows. I added Archimate Data Objects as conveyed items on those flows to illustrate the Data flows between applications.
When I configure the landscape chart (according to the online help here: https://prolaborate.sparxsystems.com/resources/documentation/enterprise-architecture-charts-and-visualizations/architecture-landscape), I can select as Group 1 the "MyApplication" stereotype and group by TagA values.

Adding the Group 2, I selected Archimate_Flow for the connector stereotype. However in the Filter by, it doesn't find any elements whereas it should let me choose "MyApplication" stereotype. I noticed that the chart doesn't seem to support connectors between elements of the same type or stereotype. I associated a non stereotyped Archimate Application Component, and Prolaborate picked it up.
Happy to help!

SPARX PROLABORATE - SHARING & COLLABORATION SOFTWARE FOR ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 09:50:38 pm »
Will do once it's available.

Thanks
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Prolaborate Support

• Prolab Moderator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
    • Visit us
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 02:33:29 pm »
Hi Guillaume,

V3.2.3 is available in the official downloads page. Please upgrade and share the results.
Happy to help!

SPARX PROLABORATE - SHARING & COLLABORATION SOFTWARE FOR ENTERPRISE ARCHITECT