Author Topic: Quicklinker and SysML allocate link type  (Read 1032 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
Quicklinker and SysML allocate link type
« on: September 03, 2019, 08:33:39 pm »
Hello,
I'm trying to fix an MDG with stereotyped SysML 1.3 blocks (EA 13.5 used).
It all works fine except the creation of allocate connectors between block -> this is due to the Quicklink definition in the UML Profile.

In the toolbox, using SysML1.3::allocate(UML::Abstraction) works ok.

In the quicklinker file, the following definition creates an odd connector.

//Source Element Type,Source Stereotype Filter,Target Element Type,Target Stereotype Filter,Diagram Filter,New Element Type,New Element Stereotype,New Link Type,New Link Stereotype,New Link Direction,New Link Caption,New Link & Element Caption,Create Link,Create Element,Disallow Self connector,Exclusive to ST Filter,Menu Group,Complexity Level,Target Must Be Parent,Embed element,Precedes Separator LEAF,Precedes Separator GROUP,Dummy Column
Class,MyMDG::type A block,Class,MyMDG::type B block,,,,Abstraction,SysML1.3::allocate,to,Allocated to,Allocated to,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,TRUE,,0,,,,,

I tried to change Abstraction to Dependency without any luck.

Any clue?

Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Quicklinker and SysML allocate link type
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 09:55:05 am »
From memory, there were some issues with quicklinkers and fully qualified stereotype names. I think they were corrected with the support of metamodel defined relationships.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 12:52:46 am »
Hi Eve,

I removed the Quicklinker definition and it worked (however I no longer have any quicklinker...).
I then tried to create the metamodel defined relationships (stereotyped relationship with stereotype = SysML1.3::allocate, and metarelationship with metaclass = Composition) using EA 14.1 but the quicklinker doesn't work on a client project with the new MDG is installed (EA 14.1 used).
Since I managed to use this metamodel definition for other clients, I can try to redefine from scratch the MDG, but I'm wondering what could block this to work.
Guillaume

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 12:48:53 pm »
Am I correct in interpreting that 'MyMDG::type A block' and 'MyMDG::type B block' are specializations of 'SysML1.3::block'?

In your original problem, what was 'odd' about the created connector? For EA 13.5 I'd reluctantly suggest not using qualified names for stereotypes and disable the technologies that you don't want.

SysML 1.3 doesn't specify a metamodel, so I'm not exactly sure what the behavior would be when adding a metamodel to specialized types. I think it should work, but I'm not 100% sure. Make sure that you either have SysML1.3::allocate and Composition on your toolbox before testing the quicklinker, or set the quicklinker to not filter.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 04:14:44 pm »
Hi Eve,

Yes,  'MyMDG::type A block' is a stereotype of SysML1.3::block
In EA 13.5, I removed SysML1.3:: from the quicklinker definition and it worked ok so far.

For the EA14 metamodel definition, would it be possible to check and recommend the proper way to define a SysML allocate between 2 stereotyped blocks (via a metarelationship or stereotyped relationship) ?

Thanks
Guillaume

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2019, 09:50:46 am »
I did get two a profile containing two specialized blocks with a «stereotyped relationship» {stereotype=SysML1.3::allocate} between them to show the quicklink and create the right connector.

My exported profile looks like this:
Code: [Select]
<UMLProfile profiletype="uml2">
<Documentation id="D099E9BC-6" name="blocknblocks" version="1.0" notes="blocknblocks"/>
<Content>
<Stereotypes>
<Stereotype name="MyBlockA" notes="" generalizes="SysML1.3::block" baseStereotypes="SysML1.3::block">
<stereotypedrelationships>
<stereotypedrelationship stereotype="SysML1.3::allocate" constraint="blocknblocks::MyBlockB"/>
</stereotypedrelationships>
</Stereotype>
<Stereotype name="MyBlockB" notes="" generalizes="SysML1.3::block" baseStereotypes="SysML1.3::block"/>
</Stereotypes>
<TaggedValueTypes/>
<ViewDefinitions/>
<Metamodel/>
</Content>
</UMLProfile>

Eve

support@sparxsystems.com