Author Topic: InterruptFlow not showing guard  (Read 577 times)

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
InterruptFlow not showing guard
« on: September 05, 2019, 04:37:54 am »
Is there any reason for the InterruptFlow not showing a guard on the diagram? The setting for the connector tells "show all labels". I'm on 13.5. I guess it's a bug, but I thought I ask here to get a confirmation before not sending a bug report being ignored anyway.

q.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: InterruptFlow not showing guard
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2019, 09:23:37 am »
Is there any reason for the InterruptFlow not showing a guard on the diagram? The setting for the connector tells "show all labels". I'm on 13.5. I guess it's a bug, but I thought I ask here to get a confirmation before not sending a bug report being ignored anyway.

q.
Hi q,
As per my bug report the other day, check the individual labels as the two menu options are partly disjoint.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 10:20:43 am »
Based on the label visibility dialog EA doesn't put the guard in any label of that connector type.

The notation examples in UML 2.5.1 (Figure 15.62, 15.63 and 15.64) only show the exception type being displayed. I don't think a guard is meaningful in that context although I believe it's actually just an ObjectFlow in UML 2+.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 05:55:14 pm »
I wanted to show the reason for the exception (e.g. "Timeout") and thought the guard would be a good place for that.

@Paolo: I had this Visibility/Label Visibility dialog open which had all tick marks set.

q.