Author Topic: V15 - Can I turn off or override "improved" diagram navigation?  (Read 395 times)

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
V15 - Can I turn off or override "improved" diagram navigation?
« on: October 08, 2019, 01:45:15 pm »
Behold this new feature in v15 that I like most of the time, but sometimes, I want to override this behaviour or turn it off in Preferences.  I see no way to do this.  Does anyone know if this is possible?  This seems like something that I should be able to set as a user preference. In a number of rather painful cases, this is NOT an improvement for me. 

Improved diagram navigation for hyperlinks and composite diagrams

Instead of opening a new diagram tab every time a hyperlink, composite or other navigation style action is carried out, version 15 will open the diagram target in the same tab as the current diagram.

Each tab keeps a history of where it has come from, and while there are previous diagrams in the history, the tab "X" button is shown as a "<-" arrow and clicking on it will take you back to the previous diagram. The backspace key is also enabled for navigating back.
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: V15 - Can I turn off or override "improved" diagram navigation?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2019, 01:53:28 pm »
It's under visual style:

Start > Desktop > Visual Style > Enable Concise Diagram Navigation
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
Re: V15 - Can I turn off or override "improved" diagram navigation?
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2019, 02:52:33 pm »
Thank you!  That's not where I expected to find it. (I looked pretty hard in the help system and could find nothing about this)  Also, I did a search in the help system for "concise diagram navigation" and it returned 0 results.  Guidance to change this feature is pretty well-hidden!   
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited