Author Topic: EA 15.0 - No Dynamic Document tab in Document window  (Read 498 times)

kroman

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
EA 15.0 - No Dynamic Document tab in Document window
« on: January 17, 2020, 09:55:25 pm »
Hi,
I try to use version 15.0 EA (Build: 1512) and there is no tabs in Document window. There is a view of Linked Document and no way to switch to Dynamic Document. In version 14.1 it worked well.

EDIT:
I've got aswer from sprax.

In EA 15, the Linked Document and Dynamic Document are now in separate windows. Unfortunately the help documentation doesn't yet reflect this. I've passed this along for further review by our team.

The "Document" window (Start > Desktop > Design > Document) now only shows the Linked Document.

The "Dynamic Document" can instead now be accessed from Publish > Model Reports > Preview Mode. It will initially appear as a view in the main diagram area, but can be undocked and moved freely from there by clicking and dragging the tab.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2020, 01:57:09 am by kroman »

aldr1c

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: EA 15.0 - No Dynamic Document tab in Document window
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2020, 05:38:55 pm »
This had me scratching my head as well.  The current version of the user guide still describes the previous route to find DD's.  That will have to be changed clearly.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
Re: EA 15.0 - No Dynamic Document tab in Document window
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 05:58:22 pm »
This had me scratching my head as well.  The current version of the user guide still describes the previous route to find DD's.  That will have to be changed clearly.
But you'll need to submit a bug report using the links below.

No report, no fix.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!