Author Topic: How can you identify the child diagram attached to an element in another diagram  (Read 1480 times)

JamesM

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
I'm trying to find where EA records the link between an element in one diagram to the child diagram to which that element is attached.  So another way of putting it is I have a Process Flow and one of the Activities has been decomposed and a child diagram developed.  I want to find the reference from the Activity to the child diagram in the underlying table structure of EA.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
The elemen in question has t_object.NType == 8. Further in t_xref you find the DefaultDiagram entry for the Client with the Supplier being the composite diagram's GUID.

q.

JamesM

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
@qwerty thanks for the guidance. great first step.  Failed to locate any elements of type Text i.e. the NavigationCells which have been over used in our DB.  Can you help in this.

Ignore as I've found what NType 82 refers to and PDATA1 identifying the child diagram via Diagram_ID.

Thanks
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 09:01:09 pm by JamesM »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Ah, sorry. Navigation cells are a bit different (why make things consistent?). One moment, please.

q.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Navigation cells have Type = "Text" and NType = 82. PDATA1 holds the ID of the diagram which is linked to it.

q.