Author Topic: Cannot get tagged values to display in stereotype as attribute in stereotype  (Read 465 times)

mse

• EA User
    • View Profile
I defined a stereotype <<NvBlockNeeds>> which extends the metaclass Class and it has some attributes that I have defined. This stereotype works just fine when I insert it into a diagram. I can set values for the attributes and everything is correct.

Now I have another stereotype <<InternalBehavior>> which extends the metaclass Activity. This <<InternalBehavior>> refers to <<NvBlockNeeds>> that I created earlier. While NvBlockNeeds shows up as an attribute of <<InternalBehavior>>, I noticed that I cannot modify the attributes of <<NvBlockNeeds>>. I just have one blank field and that is it.

Do I have to insert some relation between the two stereotypes? I thought it would be enough to just create an attribute with type <<NvBlockNeeds>>, but that doesn't seem to work.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
You need to draw a <<taggedValue>> connector and give it a role name in order to see the role name as tagged value allowing to use RefGUIDs.

q.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
If you use the profile helper (why isn't everyone doing that?) you can create a new tagged value and simply select the stereotype.

EA will then make sure the required relation is created.

Geert

mse

• EA User
    • View Profile
I'll give that a try, thanks. I tried the first suggestion as well and it worked. However, it looks like I still have to separately set the attributes. However, the reference is there at least as an attribute.