Author Topic: Cannot Find "Model Views Toolbar"  (Read 546 times)

Max H

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • SafeCode Consulting
Cannot Find "Model Views Toolbar"
« on: June 06, 2020, 02:17:38 am »
I am trying to create a slideshow (first time), but ordering the slides is an issue, since I cannot find the "Model Views Toolbar" described in the documentation.  Ctrl+Arrows also does not do the trick.  Have I discovered a bug, or am I missing something.  I've seen this on builds 1526 and 1528.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Cannot Find "Model Views Toolbar"
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 02:36:55 am »
Hi Max,

To be honest, I think you better use Powerpoint or similar tools to create slidesets.
There are lots of things in EA that most of us feel you shouldn't use.
(chat, email, testing, project management,...)

I often say that EA can do everything but make coffee (and that could be in version 16 :P)

Geert

Max H

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • SafeCode Consulting
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2020, 07:22:45 am »
Understood.  Unfortunately I don't have Powerpoint on my home PC, and my presentation was just a walkthrough of several class models.  I couldn't find a way to order them.  My workaround was to open the diagrams in normal mode, organize the tabs, and create a working set.  Still, it looks like I found another bug.

I'm hoping you're right on the upcoming coffee-maker functionality.  I've been waiting a long time for that one.  ;)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 11:31:16 am »
Understood.  Unfortunately I don't have Powerpoint on my home PC, and my presentation was just a walkthrough of several class models.  I couldn't find a way to order them.  My workaround was to open the diagrams in normal mode, organize the tabs, and create a working set.  Still, it looks like I found another bug.

I'm hoping you're right on the upcoming coffee-maker functionality.  I've been waiting a long time for that one.  ;)
I thought that was already there!  Create a SysML model, connect the coffee-maker to the computer, run the simulation - Voila!

{It's a joke, }

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2020, 03:00:42 pm »
If the coffee has the same quality as all the other non-UML additions: no, thanks. I hacked my Saeco on my own.

q.

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »
Understood.  Unfortunately I don't have Powerpoint on my home PC

Try Google Slides or Libre Office Impress
Orthogonality rules
Using EA15.1 (1526) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2014 R2 & Access2003/JET4.0