Author Topic: SysML 1.4 units & quantitykind  (Read 1262 times)

Guillaume

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • www.umlchannel.com
SysML 1.4 units & quantitykind
« on: June 22, 2018, 04:00:00 pm »
Using SysML 1.4 with EA 13.5, I noticed a change in the way units & quantitykind work.
Before then, both were stereotyped objects with RefGuid tagged values e.g. to define the quantity kind of a unit.

In SysML 1.4, units & quantitykind are instances of a hidden class and they display "attributes empty values". So to fill the quantity kind of a unit, I use Ctrl+Shift+R. This is no longer a link to an existing quantity kind.
This is somehow in line with Tim blog post here: http://model-based-systems-engineering.com/2015/04/13/whats-new-in-sysml-1-4-units/

So am I right to understand that to use Value Types, Units and Quantity Kinds, you do the following:
- Create new Quantity Kind objects and provide the values if needed (Ctrl+Shift+R) e.g. Time
- Create new Unit objects and provide the values if needed (Ctrl+Shift+R) + create a link to the Quantity Kind e.g. Hour to Time
- Create Value Types and select when needed the quantity kind and/or unit via the tagged values

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:15:00 am by Guillaume »
Guillaume

Blog: www.umlchannel.com | Free utilities addin: www.eautils.com

kwasposer

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: SysML 1.4 units & quantitykind
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 07:27:36 pm »
Very good question.
Is it possible to use these ValueTypes for a InterfaceBlock or Flow and EA will automaticly add the Unit to its values?