Author Topic: Is it possible in EA to try team support under single license (e.g.Kanban)?  (Read 170 times)

jumbie

• EA User
    • View Profile
I have a single license "15.1. Corporate Edition" for one user.
Is it possible to try teamwork support under this license, for example Kanban, with more team members?
If so, how?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
If you want to do teamwork just buy the required licenses. EA licenses are dirt cheap; no point in trying to find ways around them.
If the other team members only once in a while use EA you could consider buying floating licenses

Geert

jumbie

• EA User
    • View Profile
If you want to do teamwork just buy the required licenses. EA licenses are dirt cheap; no point in trying to find ways around them.
If the other team members only once in a while use EA you could consider buying floating licenses

Geert

Thanks for answer,
but I am external UML consultant and lector using specially EA (i.e. "one-man-company").
I also recommend to use EA and I cannot do it when I can't test its features sideways on my machine and then go out with those verified recommendations to the company. Trying it directly with them is for lector very unfortunate ...  :)
Is it any other solution for me?

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
They can install the trial if they want to try it out.

Geert

jumbie

• EA User
    • View Profile
They can install the trial if they want to try it out.

Geert

Yes, it's a possible solution  :)

Richard Freggi

• EA User
    • View Profile
I had good results by sticking to open source tools whenever doing a project with external partners.
No haggling, no vendors to get in the way, no approvals, no tool wars.
Eclipse Papyrus UML is the best open source UML tool in my opinion.  If you need something really elementary to use, WhiteStarUML is also OK, but it's not fully UML 2.5 compliant and its model metadata and reporting capabilities are very limited.

jumbie

• EA User
    • View Profile
I had good results by sticking to open source tools whenever doing a project with external partners.
No haggling, no vendors to get in the way, no approvals, no tool wars.
Eclipse Papyrus UML is the best open source UML tool in my opinion.  If you need something really elementary to use, WhiteStarUML is also OK, but it's not fully UML 2.5 compliant and its model metadata and reporting capabilities are very limited.
Thanks for answer,
but for me off topic.
I use EA with many other Views (i.e. BPMN, Use Case Model, PIM Class Model, Database Model, Component Model etc.) and I want to integrate Agile Kanban Team Support as the next View.