Author Topic: Invalid object name 'usys_system' when trying to acces a SQL Server Repository  (Read 1351 times)

Typia

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi guys,

when trying to acces a repository set up with SQL server some users have this error
Invalid object name 'usys_system'
while some manage to access the repository.

All users seem to have the same right on SQL DB.

Could you help ?

Many thanks

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
They either don't have the same rights, or they are connected to the wrong (empty) database.

Geert

Typia

• EA User
    • View Profile
They either don't have the same rights, or they are connected to the wrong (empty) database.

Geert

Hi Geert, thanks for your reply.
I ensured they really had the same rights on the database, and they connect using the same .eap shortcut.
I'm pretty lost.

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller

Geert

I ensured they really had the same rights on the database, and they connect using the same .eap shortcut.
I'm pretty lost.
If that is really the case then the issue must be something related to the local installation.
Although I would think a missing database driver would show a different error.

To make sure the users can really connect, try to connect them to the database using another client (such as SQL Server management studio, if you are connecting to SQL Server)
and make sure they can execute a query like "select * from t_object"

Geert

Typia

• EA User
    • View Profile

Geert

I'm pretty lost.
If that is really the case then the issue must be something related to the local installation.

To make sure the users can really connect, try to connect them to the database using another client (such as SQL Server management studio, if you are connecting to SQL Server)

Geert

They seem to have the same driver also. They both use the Microsoft Ole DB Provider for SQL Server.
The connection test is successful.

I'm gonna check with users.

Typia

• EA User
    • View Profile

Geert

I'm pretty lost.

Geert

Ok,

I think I get where it broke.
I made the database created by sysadmins, then I ran EASchema_1220_SQLServer.sql script from SQL Server Management Studio on the database.

Instead of creating me tables as database_name.t_object and so on, tables are named as MY_AD_USER.t_object

I think I missed a step to make a proper repository.

Could you help ?

Typia

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi,
just an update,
I solved the issue by forcing dbo as default schema for my database.

Now every user can access it.