Author Topic: How to get a custom toolbox pinned to the tool box?  (Read 745 times)

bknoth2

• EA User
    • View Profile
How to get a custom toolbox pinned to the tool box?
« on: November 21, 2020, 07:47:07 am »
EA Version 15.2

I've done this before but can't figure out how to do it now. I created a custom toolbox through a profile and now I want to pin it so it stays in the toolbox for all diagram types (like the "Common" items do. I pasted the user guide instructions below I don't see the context menu's "Pin" option (last line below). What am I missing? Thanks.

- Bruce

From https://www.sparxsystems.com/enterprise_architect_user_guide/15.2/modeling/objecttoolbar.html:

If you want to refresh the Diagram Toolbox to display the Toolbox page you have selected, so that you can use all the icons in it during this session, either:

Click on the Activate Toolbox button, or
    Double-click on a page name or an object in the 'Find Toolbox Item' dialog, or
    Right-click on an object in the list and select the 'Show Toolbox' option

The context menu also provides options to

Pin the Toolbox page to the Diagram Toolbox so that it is always included there until it is specifically unpinned

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a custom toolbox pinned to the tool box?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2020, 08:31:05 am »
In former versions (13.5 at least) there was a "More tools" on top of the toolboxes. But the Sparxians transmogrify their menus from version to version.

q.

bknoth2

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: How to get a custom toolbox pinned to the tool box?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2020, 08:59:14 am »
I figured it out. You have to right-click an item in the list, not the profile header. The option will show up then, assuming it's not already in the toolbox. If it's already in the toolbox, then the option is not there at all (as opposed to being present with, say, a checkmark next to it).