Author Topic: SysML - To associate a BDD block with some other - lower-level - BDD diagram  (Read 5729 times)

avi10000

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi,

re: SysML - To associate a BDD block with some other - lower-level - BDD diagram

I want to model the sub-blocks contained by some ax BDD block in some BDD diagram A, but I do not want to add  them to diagram A because that will make diagram A too large. 

So I guess I need to 'associate' the block ax with some other - lower-level - BDD diagram B,

where the top-level block in diagram B is that self-same block ax appearing in diagram A. Correct?

I think this has already been asked, but I can't  find it with the forum search op.

Thanks,
Avi

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi,
it does not matter on what diagram you create/show the assotiation. So yes, you are right!
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

avi10000

• EA User
    • View Profile
Thank you, Peter. So, so far so good. Next step ...
I had already created the lower level BDD diagram B separately. So now I must use EA to associate the ax block with the B BDD diagram (so that block ax will defined by the B BDD diagram).

How do you do that in EA?

(As mentioned, I think this was already asked this, but can't find it.  I seem to remember that the procedure is:

1. Within the higher-level BDD diagram A, select the block ax.
2. Locate the block ax in the Project Browser (eg by Alt+G or whatever).
3. On the item for block ax in the Project Browser, do right-click (= outer click).
4. Select Add > Add Diagram
Correct so far?

And now what do you do next?
The 'New Diagram' dialog box appears, but it wants me to create some new diagram. and not associate it with (define it by) an existing diagram.

Thanks
Avi

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Hi, this is quiet simple.
In you project browser you have some packages and within the packages you have some bocks. It does not matter if you created the bocks via a diagram of just by project broser features. Drag and drop your blocks to whatever diagrams you like to ans select "Drop as Link".
You model are the elements /bocks within the project browser. You diagrams are only views to you model.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

avi10000

• EA User
    • View Profile
Thank you very much, Peter.
I will try it.
Avi