Author Topic: Prolaborate / Pro Cloud Server - Unclear Marketing Information  (Read 13978 times)

Thelonius

• EA User
  • I think. Therefore I get paid.
    • View Profile
Prolaborate / Pro Cloud Server - Unclear Marketing Information
« on: October 21, 2021, 10:07:01 am »
I would probably be interested in licensing and using Prolaborate and Pro Cloud Server. But the way the value and function - and pricing and licensing models - of these products are explained on the marketing websites is vague, confusing and unclear.

What do I get for a 'token'? I have no idea. On this 'buy now' page, there should be a link explaining what services will be provided, and what service acquisition options I am able to select from. I don't want to buy multiple licenses for a team. I just want one license for me, so that I can familiarise myself with them enough to be able to explain to others in my large organisation, which may well wish to acquire licensing on an enterprise basis for these products. This is another blocker.

NB: This is what I do for a living. If I'm not getting a clear, concise message from the marketing content on the website, it's not me. Others will be having the same experience.

Just saying.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Prolaborate / Pro Cloud Server - Unclear Marketing Information
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 08:02:41 am »
https://www.sparxsystems.com/products/procloudserver/compare-editions.html
Look down the list for the Token edition. It shows where each token can be applied. Each token will allow you to enable one of those things, but it's relatively easy to swap the token to something different.

(I'm not marketing but I hope that helps)
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Thelonius

• EA User
  • I think. Therefore I get paid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 01:24:24 pm »
Yes, thanks, Eve. Appreciate you monitoring this forum.

skiwi

• EA Practitioner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2021, 08:09:32 am »
https://www.sparxsystems.com/products/procloudserver/compare-editions.html
Note that this page is deceptive when it states
Number of WebEA Users
In the token edition, an individual token is consumed by each WebEA user at logon time, while the other editions support an unlimited number of WebEA users.
1 token per user *
It is in fact 1 token per browser session.
In our experience you see at least 2 tokens per concurrent user to avoid running out of tokens.

See
I was told (2021-07-08) by support that
The website has been adjusted to clearly state User = User Session. 
and it now says as a footnote
Notes:
*   For token licensing, 1 token per user represents a browser session. It is possible for a single user to have multiple browser sessions open but each session would require its own token.
Orthogonality rules
Using EA15.2 (1555) on Windows 10 Enterprise/64 bit. Repositories in SQLServer2019 & Access2003/JET4.0. WebEA on Pro Cloud Server 4.2.64