Author Topic: problem with connector styles  (Read 2704 times)

Proagile

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
    • Proagile
problem with connector styles
« on: July 21, 2021, 01:54:39 am »
Hi, I tried to add styles / properties to a connector through t_diagramLinks but they are not reflected in the diagram connectors, is there another way to apply styles (api or similar) or is it the only way through database?

Example of an insert:

"INSERT INTO t_diagramlinks (DiagramID,ConnectorID,Geometry,Style,Hidden,Path,Instance_ID) VALUES (" + esta.idDiagClon + ", " + nuevaConexion.ConnectorID + ", '" + estilo.Geometry + "', '" + estilo.Style + "', " + estilo.Hidden + ", '" + estilo.Path + "', " + id + ")"

The record in the database looks like this, but the diagram does not show the break in the connector

Proagile

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: problem with connector styles
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2021, 07:28:31 am »
Hard to tell, but you should add a break manually for that connector and compare the difference. That might give you a clue.

q.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2021, 07:57:22 am »
Hard to tell, but you should add a break manually for that connector and compare the difference. That might give you a clue.

q.
Wot 'e sed!
Plus, having determined the difference required.  Try to duplicate the manual style exactly via code to confirm there's not something else going on.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2021, 03:57:01 pm »
Why are you inserting diagramlinks? You can use the API to create those for you.
I would never do that myself. Updating maybe, if I don't have another option, but never insert.

Geert

Proagile

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
    • Proagile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2021, 10:59:50 pm »

The problem was with a previous query so the API did not work for us, but once this was resolved we could do it through the API, thank you very much for the answers.
Proagile