Author Topic: v15.2 Can USDPs be manipulated programmatically?  (Read 2258 times)

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
v15.2 Can USDPs be manipulated programmatically?
« on: July 26, 2021, 03:05:52 pm »
As the title says, can User-Specified Diagram Properties (aka User-Selected Diagram Properties) - USDPs be manipulated programmatically?  When a user sets one USDP, another (or even more than one) may need to be unset.  There doesn't seem to be any way to do this under program control.

As the number of USDPs we use grows (and since they can't be grouped into logical groupings) it becomes increasingly tedious for our users to use them to obtain the renderings they want on the diagram.  We are continually trying to "reduce the friction" the user encounters when trying to model, this is NOT helping.

Conceptually, they are extremely useful, but the implementation sucks, it DOES NOT scale.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: v15.2 Can USDPs be manipulated programmatically?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2021, 05:42:30 pm »
Depends on how you understand programmatic. It's stored in t_diagrams's styleEx (where else) and it as easy accessible as any CSV data in EA.

q.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 06:05:27 pm »
Depends on how you understand programmatic. It's stored in t_diagrams's styleEx (where else) and is as easily accessible as any CSV data in EA.

q.
I meant in the UI directly (actually from shapescripts), I have previously managed them in StyleEx directly, but it's a real PITA.

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2021, 06:59:02 pm »
Shape scripts can do nothing. But that immediately. You can only query and decide what to draw. That's the only manipulation you have there.

q.