Author Topic: EA client efficiency and authoring via cloud  (Read 3565 times)

Dave Bullet

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
EA client efficiency and authoring via cloud
« on: September 15, 2021, 12:02:57 pm »
1. EA since v6.5 has been very chatty to the RDBMS.  this is problematic on slow connections.  Examples are bulk project browser operations and diagram saves.  Is something going to be done to re-architect EA for performance?

2. When will there be a native web authoring capability thus only requiring a browser and not EA client?  I understand not all fat client features may be possible - but I'd expect 20% of basic functionality to cover 80% of needs.

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: EA client efficiency and authoring via cloud
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2021, 02:16:09 pm »
1. EA since v6.5 has been very chatty to the RDBMS.  this is problematic on slow connections.  Examples are bulk project browser operations and diagram saves.  Is something going to be done to re-architect EA for performance?
It's improved when connecting to PCS. More bulk operations happening directly in PCS has always been something we've wanted to do but haven't done a lot of yet.

2. When will there be a native web authoring capability thus only requiring a browser and not EA client?  I understand not all fat client features may be possible - but I'd expect 20% of basic functionality to cover 80% of needs.
WebEA already exists.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

Dave Bullet

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: EA client efficiency and authoring via cloud
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 02:41:04 pm »
So WebEA allows me to author new packages, elements and diagrams? Set operations and attributes and manipulate them in the project browser?

I got the impression that model / diagram authoring could only be done in the EA fat client?