Author Topic: Specify colours on bars on a 2D StandardChart  (Read 1838 times)

wivel

• EA User
  • Driven by Models
    • View Profile
Specify colours on bars on a 2D StandardChart
« on: September 17, 2021, 12:32:39 am »
Hey

Is there anyway I can specify the colours used on the columns on a 2D Standard Chart? I have diagrams that show the number of BusinessProcesses based on their Status, an in some diagrams Proposed is red, in others it is green.

The colour, it seems, is determined by the the position on the chart, i.e. first one is always blue, second is red and so on, which hurts my OCD eyes, because I would like that e,g, Status Proposed is always the same colour, no matter how many other status types are used.

Have a feeling, based on the documentation, that it is not possible.

Henrik
Henrik

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
Re: Specify colours on bars on a 2D StandardChart
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 01:36:26 am »
I don't think so.

I once had to report on statusses "red", "green" and "orange" and the colors con the chart came out completely different.
We then decided to use something like "low", "medium", "high" to avoid confusion.

Geert

wivel

• EA User
  • Driven by Models
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 05:06:53 am »
Sounds like a good strategy, but it can still result in different colours. If one are has all 3, low will be blue. If another area have only medium and high, medium will blue.

Henrik

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 06:28:16 am »
Well, the charts suffer the same fate as most EA marketing gimmicks. They lack any good design base. Just what a bunch of programmers implemented on the shout of a sales person. Once done it's packed and shipped to the customers without further test. Of course, since there are no requirements to test upon.

I have my "EA again" day, you see.

q.

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 08:41:50 am »
Well, the charts suffer the same fate as most EA marketing gimmicks. They lack any good design base. Just what a bunch of programmers implemented on the shout of a salesperson. Once done it's packed and shipped to the customers without further test. Of course, since there are no requirements to test upon.

I have my "EA again" day, you see.

q.
Yes, often, this is the impression one gets from actually trying to use these functionalities.  I'm not sure which is worse.  That your observations are true and that explains what we find or that it's not true and we still find what we find!

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!