Author Topic: + symbol when moving an element  (Read 3073 times)

ama

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
+ symbol when moving an element
« on: September 29, 2021, 11:56:16 pm »
In the Project Browser, when an Element is drag&dropped from one Package to another (without any key being held), the mouse pointer shows + symbol is displayed, suggesting that a copy is in place, even if the Element is being only moved.
If the key ALT is held, the + symbol goes away.

I think the UI could be made more consistent.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: + symbol when moving an element
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2021, 05:14:14 am »
That would be some tough work to do. There's a reason why we call it EA Unique Interface (EAUI).

q.

ama

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2021, 04:56:18 pm »
Hi querty
thank you the reply!
I'm not sure I understand it, though.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2021, 08:42:36 pm »
You will learn soon enough. EA behaves "strange" in many aspects. You just stumbled over one of it. You need to get used to it. Sending bug reports or feature requests will not change anything. Often enough, things get even more weird from version to version. So it got a habit of Sparx to move menus to and fro in order to confuse their users as much as possible. If the ancient Greek would have seen that they would probably have made an epic drama out of it.

q.

timoc

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2021, 10:26:57 pm »
You will learn soon enough. EA behaves "strange" in many aspects. You just stumbled over one of it. You need to get used to it. Sending bug reports or feature requests will not change anything. Often enough, things get even more weird from version to version. So it got a habit of Sparx to move menus to and fro in order to confuse their users as much as possible. If the ancient Greek would have seen that they would probably have made an epic drama out of it.

q.
Its the Microsoft Office development model. I cannot tell you how upset i was when ribbons came along in office. All of my years of office shortcut muscle memory gone in one release. Worse yet, some shortcuts worked, some didn't. I was tripping over changes for months, dropping me out of focus, and forcing me to use a mouse and hunt/peck through menus before i could get back to work. There was much frustration and lowered productivity before i could reprogram my hands. It was about that time i decided i preferred markdown or similar.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2021, 10:45:20 pm »
Hey brother :-)

q.