Author Topic: How to join signals into the group (structure)?  (Read 1710 times)

DominikS

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
How to join signals into the group (structure)?
« on: October 12, 2021, 02:11:49 am »
Hi,

This is maybe more about SysML than the EA but...
Do you know if SysML supports joining the signals into the groups (in programming languages called structures) on the Activity diagrams?

Let's assume we have object flows as separate connectors named: User Input Value, User Input Diagnostics Status and I would like to group them into the one connector e.g. Diagnosed User Input. This is trivial example but imagine grouping of 10..20.. signals into one - could be helpful.

Neither "Join" nor "Merge" elements aren't dedicated for this operation as far as I know.

What would be your suggestion?
Always one may create an Activity with N inputs and 1 output but if this is simple grouping without any additional logic I don't think this is a good idea.

Br,
Dominik

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: How to join signals into the group (structure)?
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 08:20:37 am »
Add a CreateObjectAction from the Fork you created to listen to all of the events.

You have multiple AcceptEventActions waiting on their signal. Each one has a result pin holding the value received.

AddStructuralFeatureAction to assign to each field the value pin is the target of an ObjectFlow from the result pin already mentioned. The result pin is the modified object, which you pass to the next action in the sequence.

You could either chain AddStructuralFeatureActions or have them all coming and going to a CentralBufferNode.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2021, 08:32:36 am by Eve »
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com