Author Topic: OV-6c / Event Trace Diagram questions  (Read 1349 times)

Space_Fan

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
OV-6c / Event Trace Diagram questions
« on: October 19, 2021, 07:50:32 am »
Hi everyone, I've got a kind of simple question. I'm putting together an OV-6c Event Trace diagram in EA, and I'm having an issue where any time I move an object, it causes the other objects in the work space to jostle around. I've found that I can minimize some of this by using the "Reorder Messages" check box under the Helpers section, but I'm still having issues with other objects, mostly notes, causing the diagram to get re-structured.

Is there a way to turn this off? Or is there a solid tutorial or documentation that really explains what's going on in the Event Trace diagrams?

Thanks!

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: OV-6c / Event Trace Diagram questions
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2021, 08:12:57 am »
Sounds just like the behavior in sequence diagrams. I wouldn't bet to see any change to that (except getting worse).

q.

Space_Fan

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 06:38:14 am »
So would I be better off using a different kind of diagram type that isn't so tetchy about things? It's really annoying to have the placement of a note shift around all the elements on my viewpoint.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 08:48:25 am »
Honestly I don't know since I have no idea what this event trace diagram would be you're talking about. Maybe you're just using a SD?

q.