Author Topic: Copy/Paste BDD results in duplicate parts in IBD?  (Read 2791 times)

FlunkStort

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Copy/Paste BDD results in duplicate parts in IBD?
« on: October 19, 2021, 11:10:04 pm »
I'm new to EA and to SysML, using 15.1.1512. I have a package structure like this:

Package 1
   - Element 1 BDD
   - Element 1
      - Element 1 IBD
      - Element 2 (Part)
      - Element 3 (Part)
Package 2
Package 3
   - Element 2
   - Element 3

I want to copy element 1 and its associated diagrams into Package 2. So I right-click on Element 1 BDD and copy, pasting ("smart") into Package 2. Everything looks fine. But when I go into Element 1 IBD and click Synchronize Structural Elements, I get duplicates of Element 2 (Part) and Element 3 (Part) (they were already on Element 1 BDD and copied correctly). I delete the duplicates (unlike the copied versions they are not interconnected), but Synchronizing duplicates them again.

I have checked relationships and parts/Properties for Element 1 Copy and there is nothing wrong. I've looked at t_object and, prior to synchronizing, I see one set of parts under Element 1 Copy, but after synchronizing I see the duplicate objects.

Where are the duplicates coming from? What link between Element 1 and Element 1 Copy am I missing?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 02:52:24 am by FlunkStort »

FlunkStort

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Copy/Paste BDD results in duplicate parts in IBD?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2021, 10:28:35 pm »
Given the silence, I assume the duplication is unexpected and probably something wrong elsewhere in my model... like my generalization hierarchy is relating two elements that shouldn't be or something.

Any thoughts on what to look for?

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 07:40:07 am »
Given the silence, I assume

No, don't do that.

Silence just means that the person who knows the answer hasn't read your post. Send in a support request using the link at the bottom of the page.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

FlunkStort

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2021, 10:53:58 pm »
Response from Sparx:

"This issue has been addressed. A correction was available in the builds post 15.2.1558 including the latest version 16 beta."

I'll reply once the IT team updates and I try again.