Author Topic: Display and edit SysML::Requirements:Text in List  (Read 1757 times)

Bernd W

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Display and edit SysML::Requirements:Text in List
« on: February 10, 2015, 07:17:17 pm »
I am working with the System Engineering Version of Enterprise Architect. There we are dealing with requirements and in particular, the tagged values ID and text. The tagged value text is the field where the detailed description of the requirement is placed. Now I want to manage all requirements in a list. Therefore I either use the Specification Manager or the Package Browser. In both lists I can display the text as a column, but only the <memo> tag is visible and not the text I have entered. Is there any possibility to show the text of this memo inside the list?

philchudley

• EA User
  • UML/EA Principal Consultant / Trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Display and edit SysML::Requirements:Text in L
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 07:51:55 pm »
This may be a bug

It appears that when you add a tagged value field, the list displays the Value of the tagged value, which in the case of a memo tagged value is the text <memo>

What really needs to be displayed is the Notes of the tagged value

By the way the same issue appears in CSV export of tagged values, however for CSV you can choose whether to export the value or the notes of the tag value

Hope this helps in some small way
follow me on Twitter

@SparxEAGuru

Bernd W

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Display and edit SysML::Requirements:Text in L
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 04:14:01 am »
Thanks for the anser. I agree, with an export it could be managed. But so far I haven't found a way to display the notes of the text tagged value. Perhaps there is a Column Link like SysML 1.3::Requirements::Text::Notes that can be assigned to the column. But again, haven't found any hints on that. Any comment appreciated