Author Topic: Importing Java Files  (Read 1342 times)

nobody

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Importing Java Files
« on: February 19, 2004, 02:11:04 pm »
I am importing a java file into an already existing project (myfile.java). The myfile.java already exist in the project.  I chose Code Engineering>Import Source Directory. From the this menu I chose the directory in which myfile.java resides in and select Java for the Source Type. I have tried both Synchronization choices with the same result.  The result is that I get to myFile.java classes in my package diagram. What am I doing wrong. I dont want to delete the existing class in the diagram because then my sequence diagrams loose the class type (and I have alot of sequence diagrams).

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Jason

Mitch

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Java Files
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2004, 08:25:52 am »
When you say "The result is that I get to myFile.java classes..." do you mean two (2)? If that is the case, check the following:

- Bring up a diagram with both your objects in it (one of each of the duplicated objects);
- Open the properties window via the View >> Properties main menu item;
- In the Package Settings, check the Filename property of each item...

If what I think is happening is the case, this property will be different for each object. Simply delete the "wrong" class from your model.

Hope this is the problem,
SDM

nobody

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Java Files
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2004, 09:30:11 am »
Thanks, that it.  The person who imported the java files has a different directory path then everyone else, hence our problem.

Thanks again
Jason