Author Topic: Multiple State Machine Instances  (Read 2274 times)

MichaelB123

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Multiple State Machine Instances
« on: July 11, 2014, 09:41:11 pm »
Hi,

I'm trying to model the same state machine running as two separate processes and interacting with one another.

To do this I've created the parent state machine and included entry and exit points where required to allow for hand-off between instances. I've also created two state transitions per "logical transition": one that stays within the state machine and another that heads off to the exit point to handover to the other state machine - these have different triggers.

This all seems OK so far, the trouble I'm having it wrapping it up in a STM diagram showing the interactions across the two state machines. To do this, I've created a new diagram and included two instances of the same state machine and linked up the corresponding exit point on one to the entry point of another.

The problem arises when I try and simulate this. I get into the first state machine fine, but when I arrive at a state which should allow me to transition to the other instance, the trigger is not available in the "Available Triggers" pane.

Can anyone see if I've done anything wrong, or is this ability not supported in EA?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Michael

Helmut Ortmann

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Multiple State Machine Instances
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2014, 03:21:17 am »
Hi,

try the SPARX webinar for EA11 and simulation statemachines. The example shows two instances of a class and another class with 1 instance.

http://www.sparxsystems.com/products/ea/11/video/state-machines/state-machine-execution.htm

Helmut
Coaching, Training, Workshop (Addins: hoTools, Search&Replace, LineStyle)