Author Topic: Add Tagged Value to Specific Element Type  (Read 987 times)

Tehila1

• EA User
    • View Profile
Add Tagged Value to Specific Element Type
« on: August 06, 2014, 06:31:50 pm »
Hello,

I would like to add a permanent tagged value to each requirement element in the model.

I know that for adding a tagged value to the drop-down list, I have to define the it in Settings | UML Types | Tagged Value Types tab,
but I would like this new tagged value to be available for only a particular element type (requirements, in this case).

Can I perform it? How?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 09:08:04 pm by avoda234 »

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: Add Tagged Value
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 07:19:45 pm »
You could create a profile where a stereotype (containing the TVs as attributes) extend the metaclass Requirement. Now you could create a toolbox that contains the stereotype and when you drag that on a diagram you create the requirement along with the TV.

q.

Tehila1

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Add Tagged Value
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 07:44:29 pm »
You could create a profile where a stereotype (containing the TVs as attributes) extend the metaclass Requirement. Now you could create a toolbox that contains the stereotype and when you drag that on a diagram you create the requirement along with the TV.

q.

Thanks for the quick response!
I followed your instructions and have a question: Once the stereotype is created, where is it stored in the toolbox for the next usage?

Tehila1

• EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Add Tagged Value to Specific Element Type
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 09:38:00 pm »
Solved:

When defining the tagged value in the Settings | UML Types | Tagged Value Types tab, adding to the 'detail' window the string:"AppliesTo=Type; " gives the result.

Thanks !