Author Topic: SysML Requirement "copy" relationship  (Read 1766 times)

deefer

• EA User
    • View Profile
SysML Requirement "copy" relationship
« on: April 20, 2011, 05:53:04 pm »
I've noted that also in version 9.0 beta 3, the "copy" relationship between requirements is not compliant with the SysML specification.

Are there any plans to implement it? In my opinion, it would be very useful...

Do you have alternative solutions on how to "implement" it?

Thanx
Davide

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
Re: SysML Requirement "copy" relationship
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 08:52:28 am »
the "copy" relationship between requirements is not compliant with the SysML specification.
What were you expecting?
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

Aaron B

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: SysML Requirement "copy" relationshi
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 09:19:35 am »
Hi Davide,

I think what KP means is - can you describe the exact behavior that you wish to see?  Or can you point to the exact part of the specification you are referring to?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:20:27 am by AaronB »

KP

• EA Administrator
  • EA Expert
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 09:48:05 am »
I think what KP means is - can you describe the exact behavior that you wish to see?
^ Yeah, this :)

I've had my early morning caffeine now, so I can be a bit more verbose... I suspect that what you were hoping to see is the requirement text at the supplier end of the copy dependency displayed as read-only text in the requirement text at the client end. If so, please submit a feature request using the form linked at the bottom of this page. Thanks.
The Sparx Team
support@sparxsystems.com

Paolo F Cantoni

• EA Guru
  • Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:44:11 am »
I think what KP means is - can you describe the exact behavior that you wish to see?
^ Yeah, this :)

I've had my early morning caffeine now, so I can be a bit more verbose... I suspect that what you were hoping to see is the requirement text at the supplier end of the copy dependency displayed as read-only text in the requirement text at the client end. If so, please submit a feature request using the form linked at the bottom of this page. Thanks.
Hi Neil,

If you guys implement this, can we have it as a more generalized capability?  For example: Add the ability to inherit NOTES in a Generalization?

I'm not fully "au fait" with SysML, but it seems to me that a common mechanism could be established to provide these kind of definitional dependencies... and extended to other relationship types (such as Generalization)

Paolo
Inconsistently correct systems DON'T EXIST!
... Therefore, aim for consistency; in the expectation of achieving correctness....
-Semantica-
Helsinki Principle Rules!

deefer

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 04:27:31 pm »
I suspect that what you were hoping to see is the requirement text at the supplier end of the copy dependency displayed as read-only text in the requirement text at the client end. If so, please submit a feature request using the form linked at the bottom of this page. Thanks.

Yes that's what I was expecting...
Ok I'll do the feature request, thanx.

I'll add also the "allocate" dependency rendering, I think one of the methods suggested in the standard (compartment ch. 15.3.1.3, callout ch. 15.3.1.4, see also fig. 15.3)  should be implemented, it would be very beneficial for me.

Davide