Author Topic: Bug in GetAllLatest  (Read 2957 times)

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Bug in GetAllLatest
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 08:30:35 am »
From my point of view is better to wait for official release than work with beta on production environment, do you agree?
Yes, I agree. Sparx Systems does not endorse using a beta in production environments.

If you were going to test this I would recommend setting up an additional model to connect to the same version control provider so that you could verify that the change does help in this situation.
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

HowardB

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
  • I love YaBBies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2011, 10:42:33 am »
As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Get All Latest command suffered from an issue where information that was deleted from the model when re-importing a package, could not be properly restored to diagrams contained in other packages.  (The constructs were still recorded in the model, but unfortunately, the depiction of those contructs was not being restored to all of the diagrams.)
Diagrams contained in the re-imported package were fully restored, but diagrams in other packages could be affected.  The order of re-importing the packages determined which diagrams were affected.

New functionality has been added to the Get All Latest command, such that AFTER all of the package imports have been completed, EA scans all of the XMI files associated with the model's packages, to ensure that everything listed in the XMI, has in fact been restored to the model.  Any information that is found to be missing from diagrams is restored at this point.  This extra process is carried out AFTER the normal round of deleting and re-importing has been completed.

The end result is that the information in the model database, is a true representation of the information recorded in the version controlled package XMI files.

I hope that helps.

best regards,
Howard Britten.

lubos

• EA User
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2011, 03:29:02 pm »
I believe you should do more radical changes to the import process.
I liked the concept of Rational Rose (the case tool was terrible but the importing process was good) --- you shouldn't delete any references to not known elements in the model because you are not sure if the model is complete. This can solve the problem of big projects when I can import only a required part of the model  to EAP to work on it, but I can be sure I will not lost any references to not loaded parts of the model.
You can provide some "clean up" functionality to delete all external references to unknown elements in the models marked as "fully loaded".

Do you think these changes can be useful too?

Lubos