Author Topic: They still didn't fix it in V9  (Read 2353 times)

dschmid2

• EA User
    • View Profile
They still didn't fix it in V9
« on: August 09, 2011, 11:39:02 pm »
Hi all

I was really hoping that the issues with VC and xmi imports would be fixed in the Version 9, but we are having lots of troubles, some issues are even worse!

Example:
Each time when we do a GetAllLastest, we have to double check our diagrams to see if there are any dependencies that became "External reference". Then the hassle begins... we can redo GetAllLastest and it doesn't help. We have to manually figure out, on which package to do a GetLatest and suddenly the "External reference" relations are gone.

We cannot trust EA that after a GetAllLatest, our model is in a correct state...

So now its getting really bad: So you had no way to resolve the "External References". After deleting these relations, you recreate them and check in your changes, thinking that all will be well... When you're teammate does a GetAllLatest the next time, he gets your newly corrected relations along with the the "External References" you just removed...

Maybe Sparx spent time to modify the import of XMI, but I can tell one thing: It's far from done! We are loosing so much time trying to keep our models intact, its a real pain!

And as soon as I report a bug to Sparx, they want an example project, to reproduce the issue. Well, when you have a distributed system with a central VC (SVN) and lots of packages, its not that simple. I can't send our whole development environnement...

Anybody else out there struggeling with VersionControl in the team environnement?
Using EA 9.1.909 on Win7, C++ Code Generation

Kelvin Sim

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
Re: They still didn't fix it in V9
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:25 am »
I haven't tried v9 but v8 is giving me a lot of problem with svn+mysql configuration.

My MySQL repository is always out of sync with SVN repository, sometimes it shows that a package is locked when it is not, and sometimes the other way around, and sometimes a package (or entire tree) is gone.

I've seen several posts here but no solutions to it.

I've tried to seek help from sparxsystems but no luck either.

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2011, 02:13:46 am »
Our problems with V9-VC are countless. It's annoying, frustrating, ...

Get All Lastest must be preceded by a manual VC Update (ClearCase). Add to VC gets timeout (Subversion). Adding nested model branches starts reloading the whole model and kicks out the change if the parent package is under VC (you have to have a plain package at that position). After an import UMLDiagrams loose their connection. I'm really tired of sending bug reports that do not get fixed.

q.

ahafez

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 12:08:43 am »
Hi All,

I am using version 11.1.1113, and I have the same issue as Get All latest doesn't update all the packages and I have to update package by package to resolve the External reference issues.

Do you have a solution or a workaround for this issue?

Thanks,
---
Ahmed Hafez

Geert Bellekens

• EA Guru
  • Make EA work for YOU!
    • View Profile
    • Enterprise Architect Consultant and Value Added Reseller
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 12:13:25 am »
Ahmed,

I think yo better create a new topic with a proper title, then trying to revive tis 5 year old thread.

In general the best way to go about these kind of things is to test them in the latest released version (now 13) and if it still poses an issue then report a bug to sparx.

Geert

ahafez

• EA Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 01:31:38 am »
Hi Geert,

Many thanks for your reply.

I will install the newer version of EA 13, and check if this issue still exists or not.

By the way, if we have a license for EA version 11.1, could we used this license with the latest version 13 or we have to buy a new license for this version?

--
Thanks,
----
Ahmed Hafez

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 02:43:48 am »
It depends whether you have paid the annual fee which goes along with an access code to the member area where you can download the latest build. If you don't have it, you can download the latest version as trial before you decide to buy an annual support fee.

q.