Author Topic: ConnectorEnd-Tags doesn't export Default values  (Read 1920 times)

RIL

• EA User
  • -- There's always a solution --
    • View Profile
ConnectorEnd-Tags doesn't export Default values
« on: January 30, 2015, 07:22:07 am »
For some reason the ConnectorEnd Tags (in table: t_taggedvalues) does not emit Default values when reading them via API (VBScript) although the predefined Default values are perfectly displayed in the GUI.

Instead the values emitted is only "$ea_notes="  (as silly as it looks)

Only if I change any Default TV value to a non default, then the value is emitted as expected (False or True or whatever other values which are not defined as Default for the TV).

Q: Is there any way I can extract the true (Default) values from the TVs using VBScript, other that redefining those default values again in code when reading them? (They are already defined in the Settings\UML Types\Tagged Value Types).

I'm using EA 11.1.1113.
----

Is there any hope that this will be fixed anytime soon? I really really do need non-hacky TVs also for ConnectorEnds as it's crucial for several ORM projects I'm working on.

// Rolf Lampa
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 07:23:01 am by Rolf_Lampa »
-- There's always a solution --

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
Re: ConnectorEnd-Tags doesn't export Default value
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2015, 07:45:03 am »
I guess the defaults come from the MDG. Now EA had changed the TV behavior (IIRC with V10). Since then it does not create a database entry unless you assign explicit values. So I would regard that as a bug since the export should take the values you see in the GUI.

q.

RIL

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2015, 08:19:07 am »
I guess the defaults come from the MDG.

Yes.

it does not create a database entry unless you assign explicit values. So I would regard that as a bug since the export should take the values you see in the GUI.

Yes, it's definitely a bug. Especially since I have some 70+ different TV's (for classes, attributes, operations, association classes, association ends etc) that I now to have to redefine default values for when exporting the model. It's really a nightmare.

// Rolf Lampa

qwerty

• EA Guru
  • I'm no guru at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2015, 09:50:05 am »
Sometimes they still fix bugs in a more timely manner. Maybe you're lucky. But I guess you need some kind of work around. Going back to 9.3 is probably no option?

q.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 09:50:36 am by qwerty »

RIL

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2015, 11:35:14 am »
No, going back to 9.3 is not an option. :(

// Rolf Lampa