Author Topic: v15 Locking up when running automation?  (Read 220 times)

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
v15 Locking up when running automation?
« on: September 23, 2019, 11:37:46 am »
Has anyone else here experienced v15 locking up when running automation against the API?  I write VB programs in Visual Studio to do various automations and found previous versions quite reliable, but I find v15 frequently locks up and I have to kill EA and restart it.  When I go back to v14 with the same repository it works fine.  This happens on two different computers and is quite intermittent.  Anybody else experiencing this?
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
Re: v15 Locking up when running automation?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2019, 10:46:53 am »
Hmmm. I'm not hearing anything back, so maybe this short video that demonstrates what is happening might help explain?  I've also filed a bug report.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlJt7XbEgy8&feature=youtu.be
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited

Rich Anderson

• EA User
    • View Profile
    • LinkedIn
Re: v15 Locking up when running automation?
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2019, 12:50:46 pm »
In case anyone is wondering about this, I've been working with Sparx support and they have been able to reproduce the problem. It happens when my program initiates EA using the command...

Code: [Select]
myEAApplication = New EA.App
For some reason, this is causing a dependency that can cause EA15 to hang, but not EA14 (and earlier versions, I think).  The workaround is, of course, not to initiate EA from within my application, but we'll see what the resolution is. 
Rich Anderson
Urgnt Limited