Author Topic: Build 1512 seem to have serious bugs  (Read 322 times)

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
Build 1512 seem to have serious bugs
« on: September 26, 2019, 01:26:48 am »
Just working 5 minutes with build 1512 I had two strange issues.

1)   After assigned a signal to my second trigger a signal, I got the message box that the trigger has changes. However both OK and Cancel opend the message box again. After clicking around several times the message box was gone closed but EA as well (just frozen). With my first trigger I did not have that problem?!
2)   One of my diagram tabs do not show the name of the diagram but only the last two letters of the name.

Just finding those things in this shore time let me fear that the 1512 buld might have much more surprises or;
 I am the world best tester. ;)
Best regards,

Peter Heintz

Aaron B

• EA Administrator
  • EA User
    • View Profile
Re: Build 1512 seem to have serious bugs
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 10:00:42 am »
Hi Peter,

If you haven't already, please take the time to submit bug reports for these issues so that we can investigate further:
https://www.sparxsystems.com/support/forms/bug_report.html

Any extra details that you can provide with steps to reproduce would be very useful. After submitting a bug report you should receive and auto reply with a copy of your report. You can reply to this email to provide any additional file attachments, screenshots etc if necessary. (If you have access to the Registered Bug Report form then this has support for adding attachments directly.)

Eve

• EA Administrator
  • EA Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 11:02:56 am »
Further to what Aaron has said,

I'm not sure what you did in step 1 to cause an issue. I've tried assigning a trigger to a signal, but it sounds like you're doing the reverse in some way.

As for the diagram name, are you sure it wasn't just that the tab list had scrolled so that most of the name move off the left edge of the tab area?
Eve

support@sparxsystems.com

PeterHeintz

• EA User
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2019, 09:00:46 pm »
Here is some additional feedback.
2) I have not seen that any more so far. However I am quite sure that it was not a scrolling thing, because I missed the head and not the tail.

1) I see very frequently. It is not really related to signal assignment to triggers. It is about the “Unsaved Property Changes” dialog which appears most times (but not always!?) when you changed a property after you select something else. When you do some of this property changes it takes not to long time and neither “Yes” not “No” nor “X” closes that dialog. After pressing several time on those controls, the dialog is closed,  but EA does not carry out any command after that.
A bug report I will send today.
Best regards,

Peter Heintz