WSDL messages are represented in Enterprise Architect by UML Classes stereotyped as WSDLmessage. Messages should be defined under the Messages package in the WSDL namespace structure.
To define new WSDLmessage elements for your namespace, follow the steps below:
- Open the Overview diagram defined for your WSDL namespace package, and double-click on the Messages package to open the Messages diagram.
- Drag the Message element from the Toolbox onto the diagram. The WSDL Message dialog displays.
- Type in the Name for the message.
- Click on the OK button to close the WSDL Message dialog.
- You can define parts for the message by dragging the Message Part element from the WSDL Elements page of the Enterprise Architect UML Toolbox onto the Message element.
You can edit the WSDL-specific properties of the message later by double-clicking the Message element in the diagram or Project Browser. Alternatively, on the WSDL Message dialog, click on the UML button to invoke the standard Properties dialog for a Class. (This button does not display on the initial WSDL Message dialog for a new Message element.)