Third Party Extensions
Many of our partners have developed extension technologies for Enterprise Architect, created with Enterprise Architect's powerful customization frameworks. These Third Party Extensions provide specialist tools to the wider Enterprise Architect Community.
- All 3rd Party
- Analysis &
- Industry Frameworks
|eaDocX||eaDocX® is the agile Word and Excel document creation extension for Enterprise Architect. It's so easy to create and collaborate with high quality business ready documents.|
|RepoDoc||RepoDoc is a smart document generator plugin for your Enterprise Architect repositories able to produce a variety of document formats.|
eaDocX® is the agile Word and Excel document creation extension for Enterprise Architect. It's so easy to create and collaborate with high quality business ready documents.
Choose your data source: Lots of options to create exactly the document structure your readers need. Start with diagram contents, model views, searches, package structure, relationship matrices and more. Add Project information, content from linked documents. And automatically generate cross-reference reports and smart Glossaries.
Tight integration with MS Word: Tailor what's printed for each type /stereotype of elements, relationships and diagrams and format it all using Word text and table styles. Choose in-line text or tables, and include hyperlinks so your readers can easily find their way to the information that's important to them.
Your documents won't look generated, with Word Tables of Contents, Figures and Tables, and document management and versioning built in. Hide empty sections and apply change marking and conditional formatting to reveal business insights.
Save time: Create your first document with just 2 clicks. The simple User Interface makes editing easy, and you can define sets of documents with common formatting, or specify re-usable templates. With draft and full document generation options, plus batch regeneration of document sets, it's simple to keep the documentation up to date.
Integrate with Excel: Export, edit and import data into Enterprise Architect with data checking and highlighting. Include EA data as Excel worksheet ranges and charts in your documents, synchronised to update whenever your document is regenerated.
Closing the loop: Streamline your document reviews and model updates with guided collaborations and the Revision Manager. Speedy collation and processing of feedback, including from documents with overlapping content, with built-in traceability. Optimised for Teams, SharePoint and Dropbox.
eaDocX® looks after the documents, so you can focus on your model.
eaDocX®: smart documents
Take a free 30 day trial at: www.eadocx.com
RepoDoc is a smart document generator plugin for your Enterprise Architect repositories able to produce a variety of document formats. Professionals can benefit from plain text templates written in their favorite editor using their favorite markup language. RepoDoc takes a document template and a starting package as input. It outputs a plain text document together with repository artifacts specified in the template. It allows you to output a broad range of different plain text formats like CSV, XML or JSON, but also to post-process the results to produce HTML or an office document like DOCX.
Functionality and Benefits
RepoDoc uses plain text templates and an easy to learn Liquid template language. This has following benefits for all fellow architects trying to document or analyze the model the way they want it:
- Markup languages – use your favorite markup language like Markdown or AsciiDoc to prepare your template and convert the output to an HTML or DOCX with a single click.
- Conditional expressions – document only elements you need and when you need them. Write logical conditions based on name, type or number of child elements. No more empty sections or tables in the output document.
- Multiple iterations and starting points – iterate and document your repository items multiple times. Create requirements section first and then add a use case section. Everything aligned in a single document with a single template.
- Version control – plain text templates are ideal for GIT or other system to track changes in your templates easily.
- Output redirection – output images or artifacts to individual files. Export data in different formats to multiple files or perform relationship or cost analysis. No scripting, just use your templates.