Please note : This help page is not for the latest version of Enterprise Architect. The latest help can be found here.
The 'Element View' tab of the Project Gantt View lists the elements in the project that have resources assigned to them. It shows the resources assigned to each element as a list of allocation records and as a Gantt chart of the progress of the allocations. An allocation can be partial, in that a role or task is assigned but no specific resource has been identified.
The display initially shows the elements and their overall resource commitment; click on the 'plus-box' to the left of the name of the element to expand the entry to show the resources and the allocation period for each resource. You can then:
- Check the dates on which specific elements have resources currently allocated
- Check which resources are currently allocated to an element
- Assign further resources to the element
- Check the dates on which a resource is allocated to work on a specific element
- Check the general progress of the resource in completing the work
- Check the specific details of the allocation of a resource to an element and task or role
The display shows both complete allocations and those that are still in progress; an internal filter hides completed allocations two weeks after the end date.
The 'Element View' complements the 'Resource View' and 'Personal Tasks View' of work allocation on the project.
Construct > Task Management > Gantt > Element View or
Design > Diagram > Gantt View
Right-click on a diagram | Switch to Gantt View
Project Browser | Right-click on Package | View as Gantt